Reminder CIB Meeting 11-12 June 2012 Bergen (Norway)
The annual CIB meeting for 2012 is scheduled 11- 12 June 2012 in Bergen (Norway). We kindly remind you to send the completed registration form before May 10.
The first draft agenda, open for discussion, is as follows:
Information sharing and tool exchange
- Latest developments of programmes and projects of CIB members
- Main conclusions and recommendations of evaluations in Finland, Flanders and Canada
- Arguments for MIC projects in Norway and the Province of Barcelona
- Recent development in the MIC programme in the Netherlands and Canada|
- Programming sessions (project managers) on
* a comparison of programmes in Africa and identification of coordination possibilities and obstacles
* new ways of cooperation, such as South-South and triangular cooperation, or
* identification of new common initiatives or programmes / obstacles and opportunities for coordination
- A managerial session for directors of international departments on the national contexts and lobby, the relations with members and the cooperation with other departments of the domestic LGA.
Policy and advocacy
- Key note speech and debate on the New Aid Paradigm and decentralized cooperation: How is aid developing and
what are strengths and weaknesses of our kind of cooperation
- Key note speech and debate on developments in the donor agendas regarding local governance
- Presentation of the UCLG Policy Paper and Advocacy Strategy on Development Cooperation
- Presentation of the UCLG’s new strategic agenda on cooperation
On Monday night, KS Norway has offered to host a dinner.
In order to be able to make use of the block reservation that has been made by KS Norway in the Thon Hotel Bergen Brygge, please return the completed hotel registration form at your earliest convenience but no later than 10 May to: email@example.com , cc. to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Should you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact the secretariat at email@example.com or +31 70 373 8707.